|The five biggest Do’s and Don’ts of B-BBEE|
Often companies complain that the scorecard is difficult to understand and impossible to reach a compliant level. Fortunately we are here to help you because we believe everyone can become BEE compliant with just a little effort.
As a result we have prepared a short and easy to follow Do’s and Don’ts when preparing a BEE Scorecard. Follow these steps and avoid making costly mistakes.
What you should do
- Understand BEE – the indicators and the seven elements before making critical business decisions because ultimately you need to know what is expected of you. EconoBEE offers various full day and half day courses designed to quickly and effectively guide companies through the intricacies of Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment.
- Work on the scorecard continuously – BEE is a long term process not a once off event. BEE needs to be managed constantly – simply by focusing on the BEE scorecard you will find your score increasing.
- Your internal self assessment is one of your most valuable management tools for both implementing & earning points and preparing for your verification. Make certain you have tools that are accurate and reliable.
- No points without Proof – during your internal self assessment you should list and collect evidence to support the points you have earned.
- Take advantage of experts and knowledge already easily available and accessible. Use a BEE consulting company for advice to ensure you are able to achieve the best scorecard for your company.
What you should not do
- Your last task is verification. Only call in a verification agency once you have enough points, are prepared and of course understand BEE. Definitely don’t call in a verification agency if you are non-compliant. Please also remember a verification agency’s task is to “audit” your BEE status and not assist you to improve. To ensure you are completely ready do a detailed pre-verification audit.
- You cannot do a scorecard at the last minute – “no last minute rush”. Once you have run out of time you cannot do anything to earn more points.
- Do not make business decisions if you are not sure they will positively affect your scorecard.
- Fronting can not only disqualify you from doing business with government and corporates but it can also severely damage your reputation. Fronting is also a form of fraud which can result in legal penalties including fines and jail time. Your customers and competition will keep a close eye on your scorecard so in the end you will get caught out.
- Don’t assume your suppliers are BEE Compliant. Often they have the same issues in becoming BEE Compliant as you do. Rather help them by guiding them through the process because the extra time you spend will undoubtedly earn you additional points.
The Practical Implementation of BEE – Durban 15 April 2010 more info…
|Tips In Sound Financial Control For Longevity Of Your Small Business |
Hilary Levenstein, of EconoAccounting says, “Utilising user-friendly financial technology is essential for small & medium businesses who wish to be on top of their game. Using a fairly simple, quick and effective system will help your bank balance and will benefit you as you save yourself hours of accounting hassles. It’s when smaller and medium companies are faced with complicated or long and drawn out accounting practices that they set themselves up for failure.”
|BEE Knowledgeable – Workshops, Seminars and Conferences|
A great way to get all the knowledge and tools to Become BEE Compliant. Join us in Durban – 15 April 2010 and make sure that none of the confusion costs your business valuable time.
|Full day seminar|
|The Practical Implementation of BEE Seminar – BEE is a reality. Smart businesses are already implementing BEE properly and turning it into an opportunity of growing the business. This seminar explains how BEE works but also shows you how to implement it to your best advantage.|
Take advantage of our special offer for EconoBEE V3
|Dbn – 15 Apr 2010|
Jhb – May 2010
|Price: R3249 incl VAT|
Contact 0861 11 3094, email
Visit our website or download our brochure to book.
|Prepare for BEE Verification Conference||Coming soon…|| Contact 0861 11 3094, email|
|Procurement and Enterprise Development||Coming soon…|| Contact 0861 11 3094, email|
|Half day BEE workshop|
|Course||Venue and Time|
|BEE Scorecard Workshop – In just half a day go through the BEE Scorecard, the elements, how to do the calculations and finally how to become BEE Compliant with minimum effort.|
|Jhb – 13 Apr 2010|
Jhb – 4 May 2010
|Price: R1200 incl VAT|
Contact 0861 11 3094, email
Download our brochure to book.
|BEE Scorecard Optimisation Workshop – Customers who require your BEE Certificate actually want you to do well so that they can earn more points. Join us for an interactive, extremely practical morning to optimise your BEE scorecard.|
|Jhb – 20 Apr 2010||Price: R1200 incl VAT|
Contact and bookings 0861 11 3094, email
For more information on either our workshop or our full day seminar please call EconoBEE on 0861 11 3094. If you are unavailable to attend please contact us and we will inform you when we will next be available to present in your area.
Alternatively if you have a larger group or want a customised BEE training session we can certainly arrange for our expert presenters to present any combination of our courses specifically for you.
While there is demand for a BBBEE Scorecard someone will be taking advantage, shouldn’t that someone be you…
|Not sure how to get a BEE Scorecard, click here to see a demonstration of how best to produce your own BEE scorecard.|
Is BEE procurement a pain? Sort it out quick and easy – click here.
07 April 2010
In this issue
- The five biggest Do’s and Don’ts of B-BBEE
- Tips In Sound Financial Control For Longevity Of Your Small Business
- BEE Knowledgeable – Workshops, Seminars and Conferences
EconoBEE is a BEE consultancy that has developed extremely effective tools to measure and implement Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment. Our services focus on the business side of BEE. Our services include EconoBEE Scorecard, BEE Scorecard Workshops, EME Pack, Document Pack, EconoLog and the 10 Step Process to BEE Compliance.
Our company supports various organisations and drives the BEE Expert Group to help maintain and develop knowledge in the BEE industry.
Already have a BEE Certificate?
Please send it to us and we will include it in our BEE Procured database.
Tel: 0861 11 3094 or 011 483 1190
Fax: 011 483 1195
We know how useful our newsletters are but you needn’t wait for our newsletters – follow our Tweets, connect with us on Facebook or stay well informed by reading our BEE Blog.
Know someone who might be interested in the email? Why not forward this email to them.
Support true enterprise development – contact Mabuya Glass for your glass white board – easy to install and use, and it looks really smart.
Msizi has stock and a brand new design that looks amazing.
Msizi thanks the PG Group for their kind assistance and support. Call Thuli on 011 483 1190 for information.