When an Inspector Calls!
With the Department of Labour’s new stern approach to transformation, it is highly likely that the number of inspections will increase dramatically!
These inspections will be focused on your company’s Employment Equity Plans and, specifically, whether or not the company has been implementing their plan as promised.
These Employment Equity Plans should consist of the following:
- A strategy to rectify the lack of representation of the Designated Groups.
- Timelines for when this transformation will be put into effect.
The following supporting documentation will be required by the Labour department on the day of the inspection:
- EEA2 and EEA4 for the past five years and proof of submission
- Minutes of the employment equity committee meetings
- Register of the employment equity committee meetings
- A letter confirming which senior manager is in charge of employment equity
Are you ready for your Inspection? Unsure about the validity of your Employment Equity Plan, considering the new Draft Amendments?
Why not give us, at EconoBEE, a call on 011 483 1190 and let us handle all your Employment Equity needs and ensure that you are inspection ready all year round!
EconoBEE is hosting online workshops for both our existing clients, and for anyone interested in attending. For our BEE Managed Services clients, all BEE half-day workshops are free and our full-day workshops are half-priced! Please see our website for more information on our workshops.
To book, or to tailor-make a workshop for your company, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 011 483 1190.