Employment Equity changes and Online Workshops and Learnerships!
1) The Department of Employment and Labour’s response to the impact of COVID 19 on the implementation of Employment Equity in the Labour Market Please find below a brief summary of the Commission for Employment Equity’s (CEE) response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- First and foremost, they are aware of the catastrophic impact that this has had on our economy, job creation and job retention.
- They are thus understanding that the initial employment equity targets will not be “left unscathed”.
- However, all employers are reminded that they still need to comply with all employment equity laws during any restructuring or configuration to ensure that there is no unfair discrimination against employees.
- Employers must still strive to attain their 2020 EE targets, but in instances where this is not possible, they must document all reasons for the changes as prescribed in the EE regulations 2014.
- Submission of EE reports for 2020 to start on the 1st of September 2020 until the 15th of January 2021.
- SPECIAL – Generic Management NQF 5 or Labour Relations NQF 5 for only R20k!!! These are two extremely popular online learnerships to upskill your employees who are in managerial roles. These include managers, team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads and foremen.
- Further online learnership options include: