February 8, 2018 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
ow to help employers have a better relationship with employees
and reduce labour law problems
Join us for an informative and resource-filled day.
Labour Relations is often a problematical activity, but by having better policies, better procedures and better implementation you can increase productivity, motivate employees and reduce those horrible CCMA and Labour Court cases
Our conference, presented by experts in the Labour Relations field covers the life cycle of an employee – every issue you are likely to encounter from beginning to end. In each case, we cover the definition of the issue, give you a sample policy, give a procedure and explain how to follow it.
If you follow the policies and implement the procedures given you can be assured of reduced labour issues.
- Overview of the Labour Relations Act and Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- The recruitment process: Job descriptions, advertising positions, interviewing legal issues
- Contracts, letters of appointment
- Induction issues, Disciplinary Code
- Policies – substantively correct, procedurally correct, unreasonable, how to change policies
- Probation, attendance registers
- Types of Leave and regulations
- Employee issues: lateness, insubordination, insolence, poor work performance, misconduct, negligence
- Sexual harassment, racism, discrimination
- Disciplinary process: Counseling, Warnings, Hearings
- Resignations/dismissals/retrenchments/retirement/code of good practice on dismissals
- CCMA/labour court
- Statutory councils, bargaining councils
Who should attend
Anybody involved in managing people. HR generalists, operational, technical, general managers.
Every manager has a role to play in successful implementation of labour law.
Dates and venues
- 8th February 2018 (435 Rugby Ave, Ferndale, Randburg)
Time 09:00 to 17:00. Breaks for tea/coffee and lunch will be served
Price R3990 incl VAT
- Early bird discount of 10% if paid before 22 October
- 10% discount to all current Econoserv Managed Service clients
- 10% discount for 3 or more delegates from the same company
- A detailed presentation
- Copies of all relevant acts
- Copies of all policies and procedures discussed – fully and instantly usable documents
- Case studies relating to CCMA/Labour Court awards
You will leave knowing how to manage the Labour Relations side of your business and how to implement it
Call Econoserv on 011 483 1190, email email@example.com
Happier employees = more productivity = more business growth = more economic growth