|I feel different today – a day out of winter and my mindset is different. It’s spring. Winter is over. I am looking forward to much warmer evenings to go out and enjoy my jogging. It is now appropriate to wear a t-shirt (and not a jersey). The public swimming pools are now open. The trees are blossoming and the birds are returning home from their long trek to warmer territories.|
It is strange how a small change in climate can have such a big impact on how we live. The Amended B-BBEE Codes can be seen as another change in climate. Business is different as a result of the Amended Codes. Businesses need to review how they are now implementing BEE as opposed to how they did it in the past. Skills Development, Black Owned Suppliers and the priority elements change many critical aspects of transformation. In the simplest terms, BEE has changed, we now need to change our businesses to be inline with the new BEE climate.
|So you need to become compliant?|
If you need to be compliant than you will need to follow a long term process, that in the end becomes a habit. That process needs to start many months before your next year end because it cannot be implemented over a short period of time.
If you cannot answer “Yes” to every question in this checklist, you are likely to fail, or not achieve your own targets.16) Has a budget been defined and approved for BEE activities?
1) Does the board of directors understand B-BBEE, and why your company needs it?
2) Has the board set a specific BEE target?
3) Has the board issued policies around supporting BEE to achieve targets?
4) Do the top management and senior managers understand BEE?
5) Has the company set policies for BEE and each individual element and indicator?
6) Has the company set achievable targets for each indicator, element and overall BEE levels for the next 4 years?
7) Does the company measure its activities against targets, at least on a quarterly basis?
8) Does the company know the gaps between target and achieved for each indicator and each element?
9) Has the company identified every employee who can contribute to achieving targets for any one indicator or element?
10) Does the company have an achievable plan to reach targets for each indicator, element and overall BEE levels?
11) Is reaching interim targets a KPI for the MD and some employees?
12) Do you routinely ask your suppliers for their BEE scores?
13) Has your preparation already begun?
14) Do you know what each indicator is going to cost you and how many points you will achieve as a result?
15) Does your anticipated score meet the objectives of your customers?
In addition, if you answer “Yes” to any question in this checklist, you are likely to fail, or not achieve your own targets.
1) Do you rely solely on your consultant/auditor or verification agency to “do your BEE”, prepare your file and collect your data?
2) Is the BEE champion a junior member of staff – not a director?
3) Do you rely on your verification agency to give you your score?
4) Has your verification agency consulted to you?
5) Do you wait until the end of the year to make contributions to earn points?
EconoBEE has a perfect, long term solution for any company that wasn’t able to answer every question correctly.
Find a solution...
|Business Partnership to Grow your BEE Consulting Capacity|
EconoBEE is one of the largest and most successful BEE consultancies in the country. Our success is largely due to our exceptional service, good advice, well thought through methodologies and our vast infrastructure.
Small BEE consultancies can’t compete with larger consultancies because they don’t have the required infrastructure to adequately get the job done.It is for that reason we see one man businesses compiling files instead of offering strategic advice.
EconoBEE has now developed a methodology to allow smaller consultants to share in our back end infrastructure.
Our approach to a business partnership is an ideal long term solution. Contact us on 011 483 1190 for more information.
Preferential Procurement – Save Time by using the BEE Procured database containing over 70 000 BEE Certificates. Managed Service: Our consultants can phone your suppliers for a BEE certificate – Managed Service.
While there is demand for a B-BBEE Scorecard someone will be taking advantage, shouldn’t that someone be you…
2 September 2015
In this issue
- So you need to become compliant?
- Business Partnership to Grow your BEE Consulting Capacity
EconoBEE is an expert BEE consultancy. EconoBEE helps businesses Become BEE Compliant, prepare for verification, earn maximum BEE Points and ensure that they achieve the BEE Level they need to get more business.
Our services include BEE Management Systems, Training, EME Pack, Complete Managed Services, consulting and advisory and Procurement Solutions.
As leaders in the industry we are driven to help maintain and develop knowledge in the BEE industry.
Already have a BEE Certificate
Please send it to us and we will include it in our BEE Procured database.
Tel: 011 483 1190
Fax: 011 483 1195
We know how useful our newsletters are but you needn’t wait for our newsletters – follow us on Twitter, connect with us on Facebook or stay well informed by reading our BEE Blog.
Know someone who might be interested in this email? Why not forward this email to them using [forward].