When an Inspector Calls!
With the Department of Labour’s new stern approach to transformation, it is highly likely that the number of inspections will increase dramatically! These inspections will be focused on your company’s Employment Equity Plans and, specifically, whether or not the company has been implementing their plan as promised. These Employment Equity Plans should consist of the following:
- A strategy to rectify the lack of representation of the Designated Groups.
- Timelines for when this transformation will be put into effect.
- EEA2 and EEA4 for the past five years and proof of submission
- Minutes of the employment equity committee meetings
- Register of the employment equity committee meetings
- A letter confirming which senior manager is in charge of employment equity